Registered Chiropodists are trained in the complete care of feet. This includes general nail care and the treatment of thick or fungal toe nail, or any other nail deformity. Ingrown nails can be treated as needed or permanently with nail avulsion surgery.
General Footcare Tips
- Wash your feet daily. Rinse off all soap and dry thoroughly, especially between toes.
- Trim nails straight across, and not too short. Don’t cut out or dig at corners.
- Do not trim, shave, or use over-the-counter medicines to dissolve corns or calluses.
- Wear clean socks or stockings, changed daily. Don’t wear any that are too short or too tight.
- Wear shoes that fit
Some people’s feet sweat more than others, and are more prone to athlete’s foot. These tips may help:
- Wear shoes made of leather or canvas – not synthetics. Sandals are good.
- Switch shoes from day to day.
- Use foot powder.
- See your chiropodist if severe problems persist.